Professional Dog Trainer
We're looking for a reliable, responsible dog trainer to join our pack!
The ideal candidate must have:
- A strong work ethic, reliability, honesty, and a passion for dogs.
- Technology skills including computer and content creation.
- The ability to work during peak traffic periods during weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Self-motivation, ability to manage time, and organizational skills.
- A positive attitude with a desire to learn.
- Availability including nights and weekends.
- The ability to work at a fast pace, in a team environment.
- 1-3 years of professional dog training experience in balanced training methods preferred. However, we are willing to provide on-the-job training for the right applicant with a strong desire to learn.
Essential job functions will include:
- Teaching dog obedience classes, private lessons, and in-home sessions.
- Providing one-on-one training sessions to our daycare and boarding dogs.
- Addressing clients’ questions and concerns related to their dogs’ behaviors.
- Scheduling training sessions.
- Working with dogs needing behavior modification including aggression.
- Handling and training all breeds of dogs in all shapes and sizes as well as age.
- Cleaning the training room.
At Fetch we offer:
- Competitive pay based on experience and performance
- Additional commission pay related to class enrollment
- Paid time off
- Health benefits
- Free doggie daycare
- Discounts on all products and other services
Fetch is a fun and supportive workplace. We are a pack of pet lovers working together to improve the lives of pets. Apply now to become a member of the Fetch Pack! Fetch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This is a physically active job. Applicants must be able to stand, walk, and kneel throughout the day. Additionally, applicants must be able to regularly lift and move dogs/items weighing over 50 lbs.